This position is responsible for participation in the hiring committee for the plant, development and implementation of work schedules, employee health and safety, staff training and upgrading, supervision and direction of Plant personnel, operations, maintenance, repairs, and servicing of facilities to ensure that they function efficiently, effictively, and operate in a manner consistent with design specifications and Federal/Provincial regulations.
- Assists in the planning, organizing, direction, and control of programs and activities in the area of operations, new installation, maintenance, and repair of wastewater pumping and treatment facilities as well as associated service installations, automatic controls, and SCADA systems.
- Ensures the safety of all employees and contractors and uses all necessary safety procedures and equipment as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Assure adherence to the Department to all corporate systems such as purchase orders, time records, payroll systems, budget preparations, expense analysis, capital expenditures, control, and expense control.
- Responsible for research and reporting on issues as directed providing recommendations to the management team.
- Set up and maintain preventative maintenance schedules for all wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater pumping stations, vehicles, machinery, and equipment
- Perform other related duties, responsibilities, and functions that may be assigned.